Staff Development and Coaching
Seminars and Workshops
We offer a variety of one hour, two hour, half-day, full-day and multiple day interactive workshops and seminars; these trainings are not one-size-fits-all in that they are designed to target your specific organization’s goals and intended audience. Each seminar and workshop is developed around a specific outcome, and the design of the workshop is customized to ensure audience engagement as well as strategies for implementation and application of the topics presented.
Some topics may include improving communication and collaboration among staff/stake-holders, developing cultural competencies, classroom management, curriculum development and assessment, teacher/staff assessment, bullying and harassment prevention, promoting diversity and inclusiveness, race as a social construct, and developing an inclusive literacy curriculum.
Although topics and structure will vary, most trainings contain the following components:
1. An initial activity that generates interest and understanding of the rationale behind the training.
2. An explanation of the topic and research-supported evidence and strategies.
3. Application of these strategies through the development of a project such as a sample lesson plan or marketing technique, role-play, or applicable real-life scenario.
4. Reflection on the success of these strategies, questions regarding next steps, and an outline on how to continue utilizing the new techniques.
5. A survey on the effectiveness of the training.
After each training, we also provide additional follow-up support depending upon the individual needs of your organization so as to ensure long-term success.
Coaching and Mentoring
In addition to providing large and small-group trainings, we also offer individualized or small-group coaching and mentoring programs for staff members, administrators, managers, and organizations. The length of the coaching/mentoring period and content will vary depending upon your organizational needs. Some samples include coaching of administrators and management on how to successfully evaluate and promote effective leadership and staff development, coaching and mentoring of key staff members to improve performance, creativity, and leadership skills, and mentoring individual teachers on classroom management strategies, best practices in literacy instruction, and/or supporting struggling readers.